You can add an item to a sale in a few ways. This article will briefly show you how to add an item to sale via barcode lookup, or manually searching for it in the system. Easily change the total quantity according to the customer’s purchase.
This article is divided into sections:
a. Lookup items with Barcode
b. Lookup items without Barcode
c. Lookup serialized/matrix items
d. Configuring Item Details in POS
e. Add Quick Items to Sale
Lookup items with Barcode
1. Open the Point of Sale. You can immediately scan in the barcode of the item into the Item Code box.Read More
Add a customer to your sales and returns in order to build an in-depth understanding of your customer base.
1. Open the Point of Sale. You may add a Client to your sale by inputting their name/ membership ID/ Identity Card Number/ Registration Code into the Client box.
2. The customer’s information will appear on the right.Read More
Follow these steps to process your customer’s payments.
To configure payment methods for your business, please refer to “Payment Methods Setup”. This article has two parts:
a. Accepting Payments with Cash/Card
b. Accepting Payments with Points
Accepting Payments with Cash/Card
1. Once you have added all the customer’s items they wish to purchase in the Point of Sale, select Payment for a list of all payment options. You may also directly select “Cash” or “Credit Card” buttons for a faster way of payment.
2. Always remember that cash should be the last payment option. If the customer wishes to pay half with a card and half with cash, process the card payment first.Read More
Sales orders are created when you have insufficient quantities to accommodate the customer’s request, or if a customer wishes to make an order but will only pay later on. You can use a sales order to collect a deposit. Follow these steps to learn how to generate a sales order, collect a deposit, and then post it to a sales invoice.
a. Create a Sales Order
b. Collect a Deposit
c. Post to Sales Invoice
Occasionally a situation may arise in which you need to void a previous sales transaction and refund a customer. Follow these steps to learn how to void a transaction:
a. Void a Transaction from the POS
b. Pre-set a Few Reasons for Voiding Transactions
c. Allow the Cancellation of Sales While Offline
Void a Transaction from the POS
1. In order to void a transaction, simply click on the top right function button. A drop-down will appear. Select Search Sales.
2. Input the previous Sales ID as per the customer’s receipt. If you need to pull up this data, go to Sale Invoice List under the Listing icon to search for the past sales transaction.Read More
In some cases, a customer would like to return the item bought for certain reasons. Allowing returns for an item would mean that this item would flow back into your inventory. You may also allow the customer to exchange it for a different item. Follow these steps to learn how to process a return, both an open return (without a sales invoice number) and a normal sales return (with a sales invoice number), and also how to process an exchange:
a. Process a Normal Sales Return
b. Process an Open Return
c. Process an Exchange
d. Restrict Returns
e. Track your Sales Returns
At the end of the business day or shift, POS registers should be closed for reporting purposes. Follow these steps to perform a shift closure or EOD (end-of-day) closure so that you can accurately compare your business’ sales performance. This article also includes information on how to configure for “blind” cash declarations.
a. Close a Register
b. How to allow blind cash declarations
Close a Register
1. When you are ready to close a register at the end of the shift/day, simply press on Cash Declaration button found above Payment.
2. Select user login name and fill in your password.
3. Enter a reason for closing the register, like “EOD”.Read More
A sales quotation is issued when the customer simply needs a quotation from you on your goods. If they are agreeable to the quotation, the sales quotation will be routed to a sales order and then a sales invoice. Follow these steps to learn how to create a sales quotation. To find out more on how to process a sales order, please refer to Creating a Sales Order.
How to create a sales quotation
1. Select the Quotation icon under the Sales tab.Read More