Set up a membership system that your customers can opt-into. Learn how to set up a membership system and how to renew membership.
a. Set Up a Membership ID
b. How to Renew Membership
c. Setting up Client Membership Renewal Settings
d. Set up Auto Membership upon Purchase of RMXX Amount
Set Up a Membership ID
1. When giving a membership ID, you may choose to follow an auto-generated client ID number, or you could have a ready stack of membership cards with barcodes on them and input that barcode into the Alternative Lookup Field.
2. When signing a new customer, simply scan the barcode to input the membership ID and tag that client to that card.
3. You could also remove membership IDs altogether and just choose to follow your client’s IC number.
How to Renew Membership
1. In order to renew your client’s membership, first, create an item code that allows renewal then tag the purchase of that item code to the renewal of membership via the web app.
2. To create a membership renewal item, simply create a new item and set an appropriate item code, item name and price. Save.
3. Once you have created an item, go to webapp.xilnex.com
4. Under Promotion, create a rule and name it Renew membership (or equiv)
5. Under Match Type, select Item Code and input the Membership item code.
6. Under Effect Type, select Renew Membership. Input the number of days.
8. Set up a Campaign period for this rule. Since this is membership, if you wish it to run continuously, just set the end date as a few years away.
9. When renewing your client via the POS, simply input the item code. Upon payment, the client’s Membership Expiry Date and Membership Last Renewal Date would be updated.
Setting up Client Membership Settings
1. Go to System Configuration. Under the Client tab, go the section under Client Membership Settings.
2. There are two kinds of membership renewals.
a. Check the box if you wish your client’s membership to be renewed following the expiry date listed on their card (i.e. if expiry is August 31 2018, but today is July 12, a one-year membership fee would extend till August 31 2019)
b. Uncheck the box if you wish your client’s membership to be renewed immediately upon the date of purchase of renewal (i.e. if expiry is August 31 2018, but today is July 12, a one-year membership fee would extend till July 12 2019)
3. This Cash Value Rate will be reflected in the POS upon sale.
Set up Auto Membership upon Purchase of RMXX Amount
1. To allow auto-membership upon purchase of RMxx amount of item, create a rule where the base rule has a transaction condition of RM xx total price (after discount) and the top rule has an effect or Renew Membership.