Some items may be serialized, e.g. mobile phones have multiple IMEIs for the same product. Follow these steps to learn how to configure for a serialized item.
a. Adding a Serialized Item – Individually
b. Adding a Serialized Item – In Bulk
c. Adding a Serialized Item – Upon Receiving PO/GRN
Adding a Serialized Item – Individually
1. To add a serialized item, add in Item Code and Item Name as per usual. Add Serialized as your Stock Type.
3. If you wish to view all the available serial numbers of this product, you can do so by clicking on the Serialized Item tab.
4. In order to input the serialized item under this item code, you have to do so upon receiving a Purchase Order or a Goods Received Note.
Adding a Serialized Item – In Bulk
1. You may add item codes and item names of a serialized item in bulk via the import function as per the article “Add or Edit Items”.
2. However, you cannot input the serialized numbers of the item using a CSV file. You will need to manually input them by scanning the codes in while receiving a PO/GRN.
Adding a Serialized Item – Upon Receiving PO/GRN
1. Input the serialized item information upon receiving a PO/GRN.
2. When receiving the PO, a prompt will appear to confirm pending quantities of the requested serialized items.
3. Double click on the Fulfill box.
4. In the new prompt, scan in the barcodes of those serialized items into the Serial No. box.
5. Once complete. select Done.
6. Once you confirm the Purchase Receive, you may see the list of serialized information under the Serialized Items tab in Item.