The safe box feature is a way to track the removal of money from the cash drawer into your store’s physical safe box. To ensure that your cashier will not be handling large amounts of money at any one point, you can set certain safety precautions within the system. Follow these steps to learn how to prompt when cash drawer has exceeded a certain amount of money, and how to use the safe box function.
a. Set a Prompt when Cash Drawer Exceeds a Limit
b. How to Cash Into Safe Box
c. How to Withdraw Cash from Safe Box
Set a Prompt when Cash Drawer Exceeds a Limit
1. Go to System Configuration under the Xilnex Menu. Under the Sales tab, go to Current Outlet. Under the Cash Declaration section, fill in the amount that you wish to prompt when cash drawer exceeds the limit.
3. When the cash drawer has exceeded the amount, a prompt will appear to notify the cashier.
How to Cash Into Safe Box
1. If you wish to cash in from the POS, select the Cash In Out button near the payment section.
2. Log in your details and add a remark.
3. Under Action, select Cash into safebox.
4. Fill in the amount you wish to add to the safebox, add a remark, then Save. The amount would have been transferred to Safe Box.
5. A receipt will be printed out for tracking.
6. Alternatively, go to SafeBox under the Sales tab.
7. You can see the transaction appear in the Safe Box icon.
8. You can see the previous cash in from the POS here.
9. Simply select the Cash In icon if you wish to add money to your Safe Box.
How to Withdraw Cash from Safe Box
1. To withdraw cash, simply click on the Withdraw icon.
2. Fill in the amount you wish to withdraw and any remarks.
3. A receipt will be printed.
4. The amount withdrawn can be seen here.