Goods received notes act as internal proof of goods received to process and match against your vendor’s invoices/purchase orders. Follow these steps to learn how to issue goods received note and receive stock for sale.
How to Issue Goods Received Note
1. If you previously issued a PO, receive the stock on that same purchase order to complete the PO. If you wish to receive goods without a PO, select the Goods Receive Note icon under the Inventory tab.
2. Select which vendor you wish to receive from, and then add in the items you wish to purchase.
3. Adjust the quantity of the item you wish to purchase.
4. You may also change the UOM of the item under the UOM column.
5. Once you are done, click Confirm.
6. Once confirmed, the status will change from New to Completed.
7. The stock will be updated accordingly.