Xilnex POS supports multiple barcodes for each of your items. Learn how to add multiple barcodes in this article, whether individually or in bulk.
If you wish to randomly generate barcodes for your items, please refer to the “Barcode and Item Code Generation” article.
Barcodes can be added in the following ways:
b. Adding/Editing Barcodes in Bulk
1. Navigate to the Item List icon under the Master Data tab.
2. Find the item you would like to add barcodes for and double-click on it.
3. If you only have one barcode for your item, you may fill in the barcode in the Alternate Lookup section.
4. If you have multiple barcodes for your item, navigate to the Barcode Lookup section on the left, and fill in the barcode under Barcode Lookup.
5. Select Add, and Save.
6. If you wish to remove a barcode, simply select that barcode, and press Remove. Once done, remember to Save.
Adding/Editing Barcodes in Bulk
1. Barcodes can also be added/edited in bulk using the import function. All files have to be imported via a CSV file.
In order to add/edit barcodes in bulk, do take note that any changes to the data will be done according to the Item Codes. 2. Hence, keep the item code column, but you may delete any other unnecessary columns.
3. Under Item List, highlight the row of items you would like to make add/edit barcodes for. Go to the drop-down button on the top right, and select the Export button.
4. Select Export (Lite) to export the file in CSV format.
5. Make the necessary changes (Item Codes are a mandatory field) and re-import the file back via Import function in System Configuration.
6. If your item only has one barcode, you may also key in this information under Alternate Lookup in the Item file instead of a separate barcode CSV file.