Some outlets in different locations may have different prices compared to other stores. Follow these steps to configure an outlet price for your store.
How to create an outlet price for an item
1. In order to set an outlet price for an item, you need to fix an outlet price under System Configuration in order to ensure that changes to HQ will not affect this outlet.
2. In System Configuration under Xilnex Menu, go to the Sales tab on the left and change the settings to Current Outlet.
3. Under the Price Scheme section, select the drop-down under POS Price Scheme and choose which price category you wish this current outlet to follow.Read More
You may wish to set a minimum selling price for your goods. Follow these steps to configure a minimum selling price for your item.
How to Create a Minimum Selling Price
1. In System Configuration under Xilnex Menu, go to the Sales tab on the left and change the settings to Current Outlet.
2. Under the Price Scheme section, select the drop-down under Min Selling Price Scheme and choose which price category you wish this current outlet to follow.
3. That category will become the new minimum selling price. You may also choose to set the minimum selling price to the Custom Cost/Average Cost of the item.Read More
Item codes are mostly used for internal tracking purposes. You may use your own prefixes to best identify your own products. Barcodes are generic codes that are often tagged by your supplier and re-used to sell your products. While you may manually generate both item codes and barcodes for your business, you can also auto-generate new ones for your products.
To find out how to print barcodes, go to “Printing Barcodes”.
To make things easier for your front liners to accurately identify the items that are being sold, you may add the items images into the POS. Follow these steps to learn how to add images to an item one at a time or upload the images in bulk.
a. Add Images One at a Time
b. Upload Images in Bulk
Add Images One at a Time
1. In Item List, select the product you wish to add an image to.
2. Select the image icon on the right. You may immediately upload a photo from your device here.
3. Save.Read More
A product matrix allows you to offer different varieties of an item with various features. Xilnex supports up to 2 different varieties for your item (i.e. a Red XL shirt). Follow these steps to learn how to create a product matrix.
You may also configure matrix products as separate single items. This method may be simpler for business with fewer matrix products.
a. Adding a Matrix Product as a Single Item – Individually
b. Adding a Matrix Product as a Single Item – In Bulk
c. Set up Groups for Product Matrix
d. Auto-Generate Product Matrix Code
e. Add a Product Matrix using the Matrix Template – Individually
f. Add a Product Matrix using the Matrix Template – In Bulk
g. How to View all Matrix ProductsRead More
Some items may be serialized, e.g. mobile phones have multiple IMEIs for the same product. Follow these steps to learn how to configure for a serialized item.
a. Adding a Serialized Item – Individually
b. Adding a Serialized Item – In Bulk
c. Adding a Serialized Item – Upon Receiving PO/GRN
Adding a Serialized Item – Individually
1. To add a serialized item, add in Item Code and Item Name as per usual. Add Serialized as your Stock Type.
3. If you wish to view all the available serial numbers of this product, you can do so by clicking on the Serialized Item tab.Read More
If you have some hot-selling items, you may add them to the quick item category to allow for quick access in the POS. Follow these steps to learn how to add a quick item.
Adding a Quick Item
1. To add a quick item, you will first need to set it up in System Configuration under the Xilnex Menu.
2. Under the Sales tab, scroll down till you see the POS Quick Item Setting section.
3. Configure POS quick item.
Service-based items are similar to normal items except that they do not have any quantities linked to them. You may use these items to charge for service fees. Follow these steps to learn how to add service-based items.
Adding a Service-based Item
1. To add a service-based item, simply change the stock type of the item to Service-Based. Read More
Read this article to better understand the terms SOH and Av Qty seen in Xilnex.
a. Understanding SOH and Avg Quantity during a Transfer of Goods
b. Understanding SOH and Avg Quantity for Sales Invoice
Understanding SOH and Avg Quantity during a Transfer of Goods
1. The most accurate reflection of actual stock on hand is reflected by the SOH Qty.
2. See below for an explanation of the SOH figures during a transfer of goods between Store A and Store B. Read More
Do a stock take to ensure that the SOH reflected in the system is reflective of the actual amount of sellable stock you have in your business. Follow these steps to learn how to do a stock take using the system.
To do a stock take, please ensure that there are no pending Sales Order/ Sales Invoices/ Transfer Notes/ Deliveries to ensure the most accurate and updated stock amount in your store. You will also need to make sure your system is connected to the internet during the course of doing your stock take to ensure accuracy.
a. Blocking Back-Date/Sales to Ensure Accuracy
b. Generate a Stock List
c. Calculate your Stock and Post to Adjustment Read More
Do a stock adjustment at the end of the business day/week to ensure that the SOH reflected in the system is accurate. Follow these steps to learn how to do a stock adjustment using the system.
To do a stock adjustment, please ensure that there are no pending Sales Order/ Sales Invoices/ Transfer Notes/ Deliveries to ensure the most accurate and updated stock amount in your store. You will also need to make sure your system is connected to the internet during the course of doing your stock take to ensure accuracy.
a. Create Stock Adjustment Type
b. Do a Stock Adjustment Read More
Setting a reorder point and a safety point for stock levels gives you visibility over when there is insufficient stock for your operations. Follow these steps to learn how to determine insufficient stocks by setting a reorder point and a safety point.
a. Add a Reorder Point and a Safety Point
b. Determine Insufficient Quantities and Post to Purchase Order
Add a Reorder Point and a Safety Point
1. Reorder point refers to the minimum level of stock that the business needs for operations.
2. Safety point is an indicative number of the exact level of stock the business should have for operations.
3. To set a reorder point and a safety point, go to the Reorder Point icon under the Inventory tab.
There are many ways to go about handling your stock request process flow. Read this article to gain a general overview of how to carry out stock requests from an outlet or how to carry stock requests as an HQ.
a. Stock Request by Outlet to HQ
b. Receiving Stock Request at HQ
c. How to set an outlet as HQ/Warehouse
Stock Request by Outlet to HQ
1. To make a stock request from an outlet perspective, select the Stock Request icon under the Inventory tab.Read More
In order to easily create Purchase Orders of the correct items to the right vendors, assign your vendors to a list of items. Follow the steps in this article to assign vendors to products individually or in bulk.
In order to assign a vendor to an item, you will need to fill in that vendor’s information. Please refer to the article “Adding Vendors”
Once you have completed creating a vendor list, assign Vendors to products in the following ways:
b. In bulk
Individually from Item List Icon
1. Under Item List, find the item you wish to link to a vendor to. Double click on the item.Read More
Most printable materials like sales invoice, receipt, sales orders, GRN, TN, PO are customizable according to your business needs. To find out more, read the following article.
Customize Your Own Documents
1. Go the System Configuration in the Xilnex Menu. Under the Printing and Format tab and Current Outlet, go to the Customization on Printing Format section and select document you wish to customize.
2. After selecting one, select the customize button.Read More
The safe box feature is a way to track the removal of money from the cash drawer into your store’s physical safe box. To ensure that your cashier will not be handling large amounts of money at any one point, you can set certain safety precautions within the system. Follow these steps to learn how to prompt when cash drawer has exceeded a certain amount of money, and how to use the safe box function.
a. Set a Prompt when Cash Drawer Exceeds a Limit
b. How to Cash Into Safe Box
c. How to Withdraw Cash from Safe Box
Set a Prompt when Cash Drawer Exceeds a Limit
1. Go to System Configuration under the Xilnex Menu. Under the Sales tab, go to Current Outlet. Under the Cash Declaration section, fill in the amount that you wish to prompt when cash drawer exceeds the limit.
2. Save.Read More